bellaflora bee flash mob
senft & Partner GmbH for bellaflora GmbH
The campaign creates awareness of gardens that are in harmony with nature and organic with bellaflora products. bellaflora consistently reorganises its range towards sustainability. Since 2012, it has had special bee friendly plants, since 2013 only organic pesticides and since 2014 only organic fertilisers. This creates new habitats for beneficial insects, such as bees, particularly in the city. bellaflora is therefore the first garden centre with a bee protection guarantee!
A flash mob with 30 promoters dressed as bees and 5 musicians at heavily frequented places in Vienna (e.g. Stephansplatz, opera house, university). The musicians entered playing Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumblebee". The bees are initially concealed by a sheet, representing their branch, then came out as a swarm, scurrying among the crowd.
Information given to the press beforehand: press conference + photo session, competition, social media, classic media work, campaign video.
- Thousands of pleasantly surprised, smiling Vienna natives
- Media coverage in the press, public service/private radio/TV, lifestyle magazines
- Medial distribution on social media channels (FB, YouTube channel)
- Increase in Facebook fans between June 2013 - June 2014 from 5,046 up to 7,073 friends
- Increase in "bellaflora biogarten" fertiliser sales in the comparison period from 01/06/2013 by 169% in 01/06/2014.
VAMP (Associate of ambient media and promotion) presented the golden VAMP award 2014 to senft & partner and easystaff in the category "guerilla marketing" for the bellaflora bee ballet for the protection of bees.